…if you are into drinking, the beach, drinking, partying, drinking, and having an awesome time. Seriously, what a better way to finish up at URI than senior week? Go out with a bang! Now I know its early to start talking about being done (and its a little scary too), but tickets are actually on sale already. Frustrated Blogger and I are going to fucking kill it! Class 2013 all the way! Freshmen- hold mah dick!!
Apparently Ocean Mist is doing a Ticket Thursday special tonight. Yeah, that’s right. It’s like Ticket Tuesday but on a Thursday. I’ll give you guys a minute to let that sink in….
…Now that we’re all on the same page, I’m feeling a bit conflicted. As I blogged earlier this week, Bon Vue is gonna be Slut Fest 2013. Two drinks for $5 at O-Mist or 110% chance of getting laid at Bon Vue? Decisions. Decisions…
10. Hot Chocolate. Whether you’re at home coming in from shoveling some snow, or being a lazzy asshole making your younger brother do it, hot chocolate is a must. If you are on campus, the Butt/Hope machines are still working and are delicious as ever.
9. Sledding. Fun when it first starts snowing, but at this point everyone is over the snow. That’s why its not #1.
8. Day Drinking. Like URI needs any excuse to drink…
7. Get your money’s worth out of Netflix. Any Breaking Bad fans out there?
6. Bitch on Facebook/Twitter to get more school canceled. I wrote a damn blog trying to get school canceled. Give us an inch, we’ll take a foot. It’s basically science that the more you bitch about the snow, the more school the administration has to cancel.
5. Wear warm socks. I know I blogged about how wearing socks during sex is a must, but warm socks while its cold outside is pretty awesome too. Warm and fuzzy socks all up in this bitch.
4. Sex. Normally I would put this as number one, but not everyone can be so fortunate to have a fuck-buddy or girlfriend laying around. Sex is awesome. Especially when you have no power and need to create warmth!
3. Be productive. Because I was literally snowed in, I had no choice but to do homework. This gave me plenty of time for my hot chocolate, day drinking, and sex later in the day.
2. Create Harlem Shuffle videos. Still don’t understand the craze, but its more viral than Tebowing and Call Me Maybe Dubs combined.
1. Read RhodyView.com. There is no site more entertaining to URI students/alumni than RhodyView.com. Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on twitter to know when we post new material. We try to bang out new stuff everyday!
White Russians are gross. Let me rephrase that. White Russians are a fate worse than death. Whoever thought of combining milk and hard liquor must have been dropped on their head as a child. I will get sick 100% of the time if I drink this. I do not recommend it to anyone. But if you happen to find yourself in Providence tonight and run into some PC kids, buy em a round of White Russians. Fuckers.
PS: Milk was a bad choice
Okay, so for all you freshmen/novice drinkers who still need chasers and mixers, read up ’cause this blog’s for you. Your mixer will probably depend on what hard alcohol you’re having it with. For example, you might not want to mix tequila and coke. I’ll break it down by type of booze. Today’s feature is Vodka.
Vodka. It’s pretty much flavorless so you could pick almost anything. Here’s my top choices:
5.Cranberry. I don’t like the cran-man and I’m not a chick on my period so I’m putting this at #5
4.Coke. Coke goes well with almost anything, but for some reason I don’t particularly like mixing it as much with vodka.
3. Red Bull. It tastes nice and it will make you super energetic and horny. Red Bull is expensive and not always readily available. That’s why it gets #3
2. Grapefruit juice. Strong flavor which can either compliment or hide the taste of pure vodka.
1. Soda (seltzer). I find that a good Vodka Soda is a classy, yet tasty drink where you you don’t compromise the taste of vodka. If you are man enough, Kettle 1 and Soda is a sophisticated and classy move.
Oh boy do we have a showdown tonight! In one corner, we have Rhody Joes Saloon, a classic sports bar and grill. In the other we have The Mews Tavern, a multi-floor restaurant and bar, home to 69 beers.
Wednesday nights are all about Rhody Joes. They have house music blasting and cheap drinks coming. Mondays are wing-nights. You can’t go wrong with their 25c wings. You also have specials whenever a Boston team is playing.
First Wednesdays of the month belong to The Mews Tavern for Pint Night. You buy their brew of the night and get to keep the glass. Not a bad deal if you ask me. The restaurant is pretty good too. Off the top of my head, I don’t know if they have any regular food specials.
This is a really hard one. Both establishments make for a terrific evening. I’m going to have to go with Rhody Joes though. I think their wait staff is friendlier. Their food is cheaper, and I find it easier to watch more than one game at a time there (this one is important if you want to watch the NBA playoffs and NHL playoffs on the same night).
Who ya got?
PS: It’s called “The Mews” for short. Not just “Mews”
It’s kinda mesmerizing aint it? I actually watched the whole video. Not a bad day for these chaps. Am I right? They spend a day out in the country playing with power tools and farm equipment and getting drunk. They all pass around a camera and put together short clips of them opening beers. I think that if your video gets enough hits, the hosting site will even pay you or give you advertising (which turns into $). That is just beautiful. Getting paid to open and drink beers with your buddies. Welcome Summer 2012. Welcome indeed.