I am a native Rhode Islander and recently I have noticed that a lot of out-of-staters are unfamiliar with certain terms. If you go to URI, you gotta have the right vocabulary. So here you go:
- cocked (adj.)- drunk, wasted, hammered, belligerent
- geeking out (v.)- laughing loudly and uncontrollably
- zooted (adj.)- high as FUCK (it’s debated that it’s from somewhere else, but fuck no)
- cabinet (n.) – MILKSHAKE, FOOL
- dough boy (n.) – fried dough. Now go get one at Iggy’s in Narragansett.
A lot of people are scared of RIPTA buses, but really the RIPTA is just like college. There’s an excellent chance of the person next to you being drunk, and there’s always a slight suspicion that someone has peed in the corner. I rode the RIPTA home today and this is what I saw:
- A man pouring a Gansett into a Dunkin Donuts cup for covert drinking (gimme one)
- A hypodermic needle on the floor!
- A girl who smuggled her pet rat onto the bus
What’s not to love! Take the RIPTA. Embrace the sketchy.
In case you haven’t noticed, its blizzarding outside. As if Rhode Island drivers needed any more impairment…
Only a fantastic photographer could make Fayeweather look like an appealing place to live. I was scrolling through Facebook today and came across Dario Rodriguez, a URI student and bomb photographer! The pictures he takes on URI campus are sick and make me even more proud to be a student here. I’m tempted to frame one and give it to my roommate for Christmas. Check his photos out on Facebook!